This large ornate bronze lantern was part of the original decorative lighting installed when the courthouse was built in the 1930’s. Five of these line the front entry hallway that spans the width of the courthouse. The lantern is constructed of solid bronze. Gathering arms and frame are heavy cast elements with a wave pattern around the circumference of the top and bottom trim band. The lamping tree is designed to be seen through clear glass lenses, and is constructed of solid heavyweight ornate cast arms with screwbase lampholders. Rather than mar the original historic character of this beautiful fixture, the design specification team elected to retain the original lamping. Metal halide uplights were retrofitted into the top of the fixture and hidden behind the top trim ring to help improve ambient light levels in the entryway. Crenshaw restored the finish to a non-directional satin dark aged patina finish.