This pendant lantern is an extraordinary example of early 20th century cast bronze work. All of the details are beautifully defined and articulated. The build quality is exceptional and the gauge of all components conveys an imposing sense of mass and presence. The historic pendants were painted black at some point in their life, which finish had deteriorated over the course of time, leaving a combined peeling paint and aged black and verdi bronze patina finish. Crenshaw carefully disassembled and catalogued the fixtures, gently and thoroughly cleaned them, removed the aged finishes and applied a non-directional satin Oil-Rubbed Bronze patina. The lamping tree is comprised of twenty-four ornate cast arms with screwbase lampholders, and is designed to be seen through clear glass lenses. The project designers and owner, GSA, elected to retain the original screwbase lamping, so as to protect the historic character of the design. Fixtures were installed in 2012. They line the front entry under the building’s high portico.
1350 lbs., 299-1/2″ cast and reeded stem